Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lots of Days Together

Busy, busy, busy. There is always something to do, but it's still not looking like much is getting done. Yesterday I put more yarn into a new bin and consolidated a bunch of stuff on the front porch. I can't wait to get that area cleaned! That way, the kids can stretch out a little bit and not be in each others hair all the time.

Today, the weather was beautiful, so I did a lot of work outside. I picked up two full garbage bags of junk in the back yard. Then, I raked the front yard to get the sawdust, bark, and wood chunks picked up. I had seven heaping wheelbarrows full of stuff! And, yes the front yard does look much better. There is still a lot of work to do out there. I have to micro-rake it, fill in the holes that the dogs made and get the rest of the wood in one place. It didn't do a thing for the inside mess, but the outside stuff needed doing, and the weather was perfect for it.

I have a lovely pork roast in the oven, and the potatoes are cooking. I am so hungry I could eat the whole thing! I want to get supper into Henry so that he can get a bath and go to bed fairly early. I'm pretty sure that he is completely wiped out. He was such a busy little critter today. Now, he's kind of cranky and evil. An early bedtime is going to be most welcome.

So, I'm off to finish food and find some other sort of abject busy-ness to engage in until it's acceptable for me to collapse into a heap and read my book.

No comments: