Monday, March 14, 2011

Days 4 and 5

I missed writing yesterday because I was thoroughly exhausted from cleaning, cooking, etc. I did manage to get the school bookshelf cleaned and organized. I did not do the portfolios, but the papers are organized and can be put into the sleeves at another time. I threw away two wastebaskets full of junk! I thought the best bit of stuff that I threw away were the two year old magazines. For God's sake, why do I keep this stuff?

I also made a fantastic (if I do say so myself) turkey dinner. Home grown turkeys are just the bomb. I can't even imagine eating a store-bought turkey again;, with all the injected solution and junk? Ick! Since it was an absolutely enormous bird, there are plenty of leftovers. We had turkey salad for lunch, and I will be making white bean and turkey chili later in the week. I may even make enchiladas!

I got school stuff all printed out and ready to go, too. Monday mornings go so much better if everything is in order. This is probably why I conked out at 10 and slept like a stone until 6:30 a.m.!

Today, I bought a bin to put more yarn in. That should go a long way to getting the front porch organized. If we get the shelves put up, that will help a lot, too.

I also made a big pot of minestrone soup for supper. I have been craving it for the last couple of weeks. I used two quarts of tomatoes that were canned last August, beet greens and squash from the garden that I froze sometime last summer, and our garlic. I had to use store-bought onions, carrots and celery. It was very good. There is enough left to freeze some, and to have it for lunch for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow is vacuuming, dusting and bathroom day. The weather is supposed to be nice, so I will also do at least two loads of laundry. Slowly, slowly, it's coming together.

No comments: