Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 6

Today was a day that would have been better if I hadn't had plans. I didn't get anything done that I wanted to. Oh, I did start a couple of things, but getting them finished was another matter. I washed my comforter today and was so looking forward to sleeping under a yummy-smelling blanket. But, while I was cooking supper, I looked out and it was raining! Aaaargh! The comforter is now drying on the rack by the stove. It just won't be the same.

I think most of the reason I was out of sorts and cranky today is that I stayed up until midnight last night and got up at 5 this morning. Five hours of sleep just isn't enough to have to function properly all day. I don't know how I did it when Henry was a baby. Of course, I don't remember most of his first year, either!

He was cranky and irritable today, too. He looked like he could have gone to sleep at any point all afternoon, but then put up a horrible fight at bedtime. First, his jammies had a hole in the toe, and it was making him crazy. Then, he wanted to brush his teeth. Then, he wanted some water. He got the water, but I know he's going to wake up (and wake me up) soaking wet at about 12:30 or 1. I'll just have a new pull-up and jammies ready for him. The less disruption I have the better it is.

So, for now, I am going to clean up the kitchen and get the coffee pot set up for tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a few things accomplished!

No comments: