Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cold and Crabby

It has been crazy, wicked cold and rainy here for the last several days. It has led to a back up of laundry and some cranky children. Today, we are getting a wee bit of a break. It is already about 50 degrees, which is six degrees warmer than anytime yesterday. I did three loads of laundry, hoping to get it dry before it rains. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Not too much is going on in the garden. We have asparagus, onions, potatoes, cabbage, etc. that needs to go in the ground. We are hoping that it will dry out this weekend so that we can get all of it planted. We got a seeder yesterday which will make planting the peas, beans, and corn so much easier. Last year it took DS #1and I three days to put in the peas. Getting it done in a couple of hours will be a huge time savings. If we can get the whole garden planted in a few days, we will be way ahead of the game. I figure if I am planting hills of zucchini and squash while DH is running the seeder, we can make quick work of the whole thing.

Maybe it's the weather, but I am feeling really out of sorts lately. I weighed myself at my MIL's the other day, and that was a big mistake. I thought I had lost most of my baby weight. WRONG!! I know I'm never going to weigh what I did when I was 30, but I'd love not to weigh what I did during the mid-point of my pregnancy! I know I have to be patient, but I feel like a blob. Perhaps I should go for a walk while Henry is sleeping. Or I could knit.

That's the other thing that has me disconcerted. I was making a sweater, and the front turned out to be much longer than the back. So, I had to rip the whole thing out. I am going to make it again, but I'm going to do it all in one piece. I will have to do one and a half inches of seed stitch over 180 stitches, which will make me want to put my head in the oven, but at least it will come out like it should. I am working on an afghan to give some friends as a wedding present, and it's not going as well as I would like. If it looks really crappy when I'm done, I will get them something else. I would be embarassed to give something ugly away.

Okay, enough complaining. I'm going for a walk before it rains.

1 comment:

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Your blog is great. I love the photos. I'm sure as summer kicks into full swing the weight will slide right off. It takes time to get back in shape after a baby, don't be hard on yourself. :)