Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There's a first time for everything

Okay, this is it, my first entry in a blog. I never thought I would do this; I mean who cares about what I have to say? Well, care or not, here it is.

I am trying to lose some weight after the arrival of the new critter. I have lost 15 pounds that I gained, but I have 10 to go. I am trying not to lose my mind about this. It took nine months for the weight to go on, and I suppose it will take that long to come off. I'm walking nearly everyday and I have managed to lose 1 1/4 inches off my hips. I got my regular jeans on for the first time this morning. I think I'm moving in the right direction!

I had to go to the dentist today. I have a cavity. Darn it! I'll be getting that fixed in a couple of weeks. I wish I had lovely, perfect teeth like people on TV, but that is just not the case. I suppose I could go through a great deal of cosmetic dentistry, but I don't fancy that much pain. I guess this isn't the end of the world.

What's on the needles right now? Well, I have the back and half of a front piece done for the cardigan that I am making. It is a great yarn from Knit Picks called Crayon. The color is sea glass - a lovely ocean-y color. The sweater is going pretty quickly, so I'm hoping to be wearing it by the middle of May. I am also working on the Central Park Hoodie, and am about half done with the back. I hope to get that one finished by the beginning of fall. Then, it's time to start knitting for Christmas. Socks for everyone!

So, now you see that I am really boring. If you are an insomniac, just come here to be put to sleep!

1 comment:

Jena said...

I laughed out loud at your insomniac comment! You're not boring at all. You have a life many of us would like to have, but we'll just have to settle for reading about yours. :) Thanks for starting this blog.