Monday, April 6, 2009

The sweater - FINISHED!!

Okay, I know you have all been waiting with baited breath to see the sweater that I have been talking about for so long. Here it is. It is the Happy Husband, designed by Janet Szabo. I did it as a part of of KAL (Knit A-Long) on the Aran Yahoo group. It was such a joy to knit. The sleeves got a bit monotonous, but the rest of the sweater just grew and grew under my needles. I loved knitting it and I am looking forward to starting another soon. I am already looking at yarn and patterns.


In the meantime, I am making chullos for the kids for their First Day of Winter gifts. This is also just a really fun thing to knit. I thought they might take a long time, but I am already over half finished with the first one. Now I know that it won't take me from now until December to make the other four. I will have some time to play with colors and patterns, which is more fun than being under the gun to finish gifts.




The weather is taking a really yucky turn this week. We are supposed to get measurable snow between tonight and tomorrow. I could do without this, but who am I to argue with Mother Nature? Oh, well, more knitting time for me!

4 comments:

Janet Szabo said...

You did a great job with it! Congratulations!

Knittingmama said...

Thanks, Janet. Your designs are amazing! I appreciate all the help you gave me. I'm eager to get started on another!

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Looks great. Very GOOD work :)

Barbra Szabrowicz said...

Okay I had to look up "chullos" Very cool :)